Teaching & Learning
Harris Nursery Hub Peckham provides an exciting, personalised learning curriculum, which supports and challenges all of our children and is at the heart of our teaching and learning philosophy. We ensure that all teaching and support staff have access to the highest quality training programmes to provide the most innovative and cutting edge learning opportunities for every child.
The Academy aims to:
- Meet the needs and aspirations of all children
- Ensure all children can successfully access the curriculum offer, making any reasonable adjustments required where particular needs are identified
- Recognise high achieving children and ensure they are given opportunities to stretch and challenge their learning
- Plan opportunities for children to develop their personal potential
- Establish an agreed range of policies and practices to guarantee a consistent approach towards learning and teaching in every classroom.
- Involve all staff in developing and improving the quality of learning and teaching
- Provide all staff with developmental opportunities to extend and enhance their range of teaching and repertoires
- Develop staff to deliver skills beyond their own subject specialism and incorporate cross curricular initiatives, in particular Literacy, Numeracy and ICT/Computing
- Identify chidlren's achievements and areas for improvement, through rigorous monitoring of progress and to plan appropriate interventions to enhance learning
- Realise the entitlements for Learners, Teachers and Curriculum as promoted by the Pupil Learning Commission
The suite of policies attached provide further details on how the Academy supports the aims outlined above.